What is role of a soft skill trainer?
What is role of a soft skill trainer?
I’ve counselled numerous people throughout my career and one of the most common problems I’ve heard isn’t being unable e to achieve success despite having all the necessary hard skills. While hard skills are necessary to get a job, soft skills are critical to making it big in any career.
The reason is that the world has become globalized and businesses thrive on network structure. And the capability to communicate, establish trust, and make connections allows us to expand our networks and get ahead despite the cut-throat competition.
Also, with businesses offering nearly analogous services as per the separate diligence, a proven way to stand out is making workers stand out. Fortunately, companies around the world have realized the significance of soft skills which has created an emotional request eventuality for soft skills trainers.
What does a soft skills trainer do?
Soft Skills trainers are certified professionals who are responsible for soft skills training in different industry including the education, hospitality, operation and IT diligence. They help their participants s back their hard skills with behavioral l skills necessary to thrive in an organisation.
Soft Skills for professionals generally include leadership skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem- working and critical thinking development. And the training includes different one-on-one and group conditioning grounded on the experience and literacy of soft skills trainers. The job of a soft skills trainers includes
- Collating training material and planning conditioning to train their clients
- Relating the strengths and weakness of participants s and planning the training consequently
- Analyzing effectiveness and in the training program
Training Need Analysis
The trainer needs to analyze the soft skills required by the participants. He/she needs to asses current competency level of participants through questionnaires, psychometric tests, focus group discussion etc.
It is extremely important for the trainer to prepare and adapt the training content as per the changing needs of audience. The content which is suitable for freshers may be not be suitable for senior managers. Trainer should have in-depth knowledge of the topic he is training the participants.
Training Games and Role Plays
Soft Skill trainers need to use a variety of facilitation tools such as training games, role plays. Role plays help the participants experience real world scenarios. Role play exercises give students the opportunity to assume the role of a person or act out a given situation. These roles can be performed by individual participants, in pairs, or in groups which can play out a more complex scenario.
Skills required to become a soft skills trainer
Anyone with these three basic skills can become a soft skill trainer:
- Confidence: The biggest part of the soft skills trainers’ jobs is helping people feel confident about themselves. Hence, soft skill trainers must be confident and good public speakers. They meet new people regularly which makes being suitable to communicate confidently extremely critical to their success.
- Communication skills : Soft skills trainers must have excellent communication skills to be suitable to train effectively. Effective communication skills also help trainers make trust among their guests. In addition to being great agents, soft skills trainers must also be great public speakers.
- Passion to train Be it any job, success becomes unachievable if you ’re not passionate about what you do. Hence, soft skills trainers must be passionate about learning continuously and conducting the knowledge in others to change lives.
The most important soft skills & roles includes:
- Cognitive capability – Helps in logical logic and creative thinking in new jobs
- Collaboration – Critical to working together in the connected business world
- Communication – Critical to networking and communicating ideas
- Problem-solving – Helps in chancing unique and creative results and inspire invention
- Interpersonal trainers – Helps in maintaining connections and creating business connections
- People operation – Critical to managing a creative pool with empathy
- Concession – Important for making business opinions that don’t bear either of the parties to compromise
- Decision- making– Helps in interpreting specialized data and making logical opinions
- Emotional intelligence – Important to separate humans from machines
- Work Ethics – Take accountability for assigned work. Deliver on time also offer help to the rest of the team whenever needed.
- Leadership – Suggest plans, take initiatives, and execute your plans. Along with clarifying concepts, solve problems, and summarize the results and activities.