How to help Adolescents focus on their studiesproudhr
1. Goal Setting – Teenagers need to have a goal in place e.g. Securing 90% in class X exams.
2. To achieve the goal, they need to have weekly plan in place i.e. how much syllabus will be covered in a particular week.
3. Weekly goals have to be further broken down into individual goals .You can prepare a schedule for each day. Make sure they have enough time for studies as well as leisure.
4. Paste the goal and schedule at a place where they can see it everyday. This will help to motivate them and reinforce achievement of their goals.
5. Teenagers spend lot of them browsing the internet. They can utilize this time by watching videos for a particular subject or motivational videos.
6. Location – Ensure the children have a proper place allocated for studying. They have a proper chair and table to sit and study.
7. There should be no distractions like TV when the child is studying.
8. Organization -Adolescents should ensure all books and stationery are organized properly so that they don’t waste time looking for books during their study time.
9. Always appreciate the efforts of your child and guide him to perform better.
10. Establish a reward system whereby child is allowed to do his favourite activity like play video game if he has achieved his daily goals.
11. Ensure the children spend15 min before sleeping on reading what they had learnt during the day. This will help them to remember what he/she has learnt during the day.